Tuesday, June 08, 2004

 

In search of salsa...


Driving to/from JFK:

D12, "My Band"

So my roommate and I were driving out to the airport to pick up his girlfriend. We were doing our best impersonations of the children we teach, so we inevitably turned to Hot 97 on the radio and began bopping. We were smack dab in the middle of "My Band". I must admit, I found this song catchy from the start; and after I read the Rolling Stone article about them from a few weeks ago, I realized that it was a neccesity to learn more about this group. I was very excited to find out that aside from being the best rapper alive, Eminem is also a good friend. For those of you not in the know, D12 existed years before Mr. Mathers's fame and fortune and it was gernerally agreed during that time that the first member of the group to "make it" would bring the others up with him. Well, with three incredible and eleventeen-platinum albums under his belt (and a budding flim career to boot), he has done just that: helping to record and release his old "band"'s debut (?) album. Anyhoo, we were rocking out to this song and suddenly became obsessed with finding it on the radio. We flipped from station to station, hoping that at least ONE would be playing - but to no avail. We sang the chorus of "My Band" to all the other songs on the radio, but it just wasn't as satisying. Long story short: I got home and downloaded it immediately. I am sure I will buy the album by week's end. I will let you know if I ever stop singing along.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?